THE MINCKS-ADAMS HOTEL
The hotel, located at 403 Cheyenne Avenue, was constructed in 1928 by businessman Ike Mincks, and named the Mincks Hotel. The opening of the hotel was just in time for guests of the first International Petroleum Exposition. Mincks declared bankruptcy a few years later and the hotel was subsequently reopened to new ownership as the Adams Hotel.
The architect was Alfred Fabry and the style of the building is an ornate mix of Gothic, Italian Renaissance and Baroque. The façade is covered in glazed terra cotta. Terra cotta was also used inside the building in the stairwells, lobby and coffee shop.
The building was listed on the National Registry of Historic Places in November 1977.
The Mincks-Adams Hotel was sold to developers in December 2017 and will be converted into apartments in 2019.